Kids getting antsy? In addition to our previous blog on how to keep your children engaged while social distancing, below is a list of free resources available to families.
- Scholastic is offering free online classes for kids (Pre-K – 6th grade +).
- The San Diego Zoo is offering free educational videos and activities about the animals they currently house.
- Explore the surface of Mars on the Curiosity Rover.
- Check out this live African wildlife camera, looking over a very popular watering hole.
- PBS Kids is offering activities for social learning, literacy and arts for different aged children.
- Our BGC “Grab & Go” stations are open Monday through Friday, and are free for children up to 18 years old.
- Additional school locations in the DFW offering free lunch to students.
- Biscuit Bar Restaurant offering free lunch for students up to 18yo.
- This Dallas Morning News article highlights a couple of Dallas-area Chefs who are launching free online cooking classes through their social media accounts.
- Taco Cabana is offering kids a free lunch – including a bean and cheese taco, chips and queso and a drink – at all Texas locations through the end of summer. The program is available to kids 12 and under, every weekday from 11 a.m. to noon. The offer is available through the drive-thru only at all company-owned locations in Texas for a limited time. Children must be present and accompanied by a parent or guardian to receive a free meal. No purchase is necessary.
- Golds Gym is offering free access to its app until the end of May, with more than 600 audio and video workouts along with DJ mixes that’ll be sure to get you pumped up!
- Planet Fitness is offering free at-home “work-ins”, perfect to do with the kids!
- BroadwayHD is offering a 7-day free trial, so you can stream some of the shows from the comfort of your home.
- Spectrum is offering free internet to students for 60 days, and they’re also opening their hotspots to the public.
- Need to de-stress? Here are some really helpful tips from PBS Kids.
- CDC Resources
- Tips on how to manage stress and anxiety during a health crisis according to the CDC.
- Tips on how to protect children from getting sick.
We hope this list of resources gives you the opportunity to learn something new during this pandemic. As always, the health of our Club members, staff, and community are very important to us and we hope you are taking the necessary precautions. Visit our social channels for more information and updates.