Safety remains the number one priority of Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Dallas (BGCD) and we are doing everything possible to keep Club kids and our staff protected from COVID-19 while providing a fun, engaging experience. We realize that BGCD is the only place that some families in our community can turn to when schools are closed. Given the need, BGCD plans to reopen on Monday, June 29 at select Clubs.
These Clubs will be opening with the following limitations for attendance in place:
- A one to 10 staff to Club member ratio
- Clubs opening at 50% capacity
Upon this limited reopening, some of the enhanced safety precautions for staff and members include:
- Face coverings required for staff and Club members
- Social distancing measures, marked by signage
- Daily onsite health screenings for staff and Club members
- Sanitizing stations placed in every room
- Curbside pickup and drop off
- Youth will remain with the same group leader throughout the day and room rotations are minimized
- Buildings will be cleaned and disinfected throughout the day
Additional measures can be found here.
As always, we place the safety of our youth and staff at the highest level. BGCD will continue to operate with these limitations in place as long as we can provide a safe environment for young people. We will continually monitor all updates from the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention, State of Texas, and Dallas County health department for updated information.
If parents or community members have questions, please contact us at email@example.com.